Are you a non-native English speaker? Do you make mistakes particularly with grammar and spellings while writing E-mails, presentations, research papers, blog posts, books, etc.? Do you want a tool to proof-read your work and automatically suggest corrections for spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, sentence structure, punctuation, writing style, etc.? Then this FREE English grammar checker tool is for you.
Are You A Grammar Expert? What Do You Think?
It doesn’t matter, whether you are a blog writer or professional who write tons of contents in your day to day life, you’ve probably made mistakes like improper punctuations, misspelled words, incorrect usage of articles or prepositions, etc. If you overlook grammatical errors, people eventually lose interest in whatever you want to convey with your writing. They may not take your words seriously as the saying goes “The attractiveness of correct grammar cannot be overstated, nor can the damage was done by bad grammar be denied”.
To overcome this either you need to study and brush up your grammar skills like prepositions, spellings, adjectives again. Alternatively, you can use a FREE English Grammar Checker tool called GRAMMARLY to help you check your grammar and spellings errors online without any cost. This tool is worth it for the writers, bloggers, professionals, students, teacher and everyone who writes English in their day to day life.
Grammarly: A FREE English Grammar Checker
Grammarly is one of the most commonly used advanced English grammar checking and writing tools which is great if English is not your first language and you write English too often and need something to remove grammatical mistakes from your content. It’s available in the market as a free tool, but if you want to use all its features then, you can buy it by paying a little amount.
I came across this tool 6 Months back, and it was so impressive that I decided to go with it. Although, I downloaded the free version on a trial basis, but believe me its excellent tool to write perfect English. The free version quickly helps in checking the spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes, it underlines the errors in red and provides an explanation why you have made a mistake and what can be the replacement for it.
I was missing lots of other cool feature in the FREE version. So, I upgraded to paid version. Now, it helps me to correct my grammar mistakes and along with that it also provides help in correcting inaccuracies in sentences structure like passive voice, wordiness, confused prepositions, vocabulary enhancement, plagiarism detector, and it also catches the confused words like there vs. their, etc.
I believe that correcting these things not only improve the user experience on the websites but also helpful for better SEO. Have you ever used SEO by Yoast WordPress Plugin? If yes, then you must be aware of what I am talking about here. For better SEO, one of the criteria is to avoid writing passive voice sentences. Grammarly suggests you to correct all such sentences when you write. So ultimately, it helps you to improve your SEO score.
List of Grammarly Features that I Use Daily:
- Access documents on multiple devices by saving them on Grammarly online account.
- Use Grammarly Browser Extension tool to avoid grammatical mistakes while using social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Other than that, I also use it too often while adding comments on the blog that I follow and while writing blog posts on WordPress.
- Catch contextual spelling and grammar mistakes across the web. See explanations of grammar rules and learn from mistakes.
- Grammarly sends weekly usage reports on how I am performing. This data help me figure out how much I am learning where I stand among other Grammarly users.
- I can see definitions and synonyms with just double clicks. This feature saves a lot of my time in searching replacement words while writing emails, blogs, comments, etc. No need to run a “Google Search” to see synonyms now.
- Add words to the personal dictionary. For example, I added “DigitalHarpreet.Com” to my reference list. Now If I use this word in my writing, then Grammarly will not flag it as incorrect.
- Easily integrate Grammarly with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook. Believe me; I use these plugins daily while writing Emails, Blog Posts, Presentations, Reports, E-books, etc. Register FREE Today and start using it in whatever you write in English.
How To use Grammarly?
If you have never used it before and a new user, then all you need to do is register to Grammarly via a web browser. Then install Grammarly Browser Extension and plugins for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook.
Grammarly Browser Extension:
Grammarly has browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari that makes writing online much easier. To install these Extensions, just log in to your Grammarly account and on the left-hand side, you will see “Apps.”. Click on it and it will open the list of Apps available to you. Install the ones that you need from the list.
Browser Extension Applications with FREE Grammarly Account
- Not only misspelled words, but Grammarly also highlights the word with grammatical mistakes in green. When you hover over those grammatical errors, you will see an explanation for what’s wrong with that.
- The Browser Extension helps you identifying misspelled words by highlighting them in red. You just need to hover over the highlighted words; it will give you the suggestions to replace the misspelled word right there. Just click on the right choice and Grammarly will replace it instantly.
- It also provides you synonyms and definitions of the words. You just need to Double click the word, and Grammarly will give you the definition. You can use this feature on almost every site if it’s on in the extension.
The Grammarly Desktop Add-ons:
You can add Grammarly to your system and access to it without going to the application online. All you have to do is go to “My Grammarly” and “apps” find Grammarly for Windows then just click “install” by this it will add on your desktop, and you can directly write in the app from here.
Grammarly for Microsoft Office
For this, you have to go your Apps and install Grammarly for Microsoft Office. Once it downloads to your system, click on the setup and select if you want to add to Word or Outlook or both and install. After installing it, you can see a heading Grammarly at the end of the top bar in Word documents and enable Grammarly by clicking on it and use as same you use online.
Grammarly Premium Plans:
There are three different plans available as of now, and once you purchase any of these, they will renew automatically, so if you don’t want to use it further then you will have to cancel before the time of renewal. Grammarly also offers 7-days money back guarantee to first time purchasers.
- Monthly Plan: This plan costs $29.95 a month. You can cancel it anytime, but there will be no refund upon cancellation. You can use the services until the end of your term you have paid the money.
- Quarterly Plan: This plan cost for $19.98 per month and billed as one payment of $59.95. Here You get three months to use Grammarly, and you pay less than the monthly plan and without worrying about monthly payments.
- Annual Plan: This is the BEST & CHEAPEST option available, and it costs only $11.66 per month. Grammarly bills you as the one-time payment of $139.95. A full year of Grammarly at this price is the best option for people like writers, bloggers, corporate professionals, and students.
Things that Grammarly (FREE English Grammar Checker) Can’t Do –
Grammarly is an online App which is designed by humans, and that’s why it is prone to errors too. The only way you can improve this is by providing the negative or positive review to the App developer. As a user, I feel to report an error to the developer so that they can make the necessary adjustment to this excellent tool. Well that being said, as a user of Grammarly, here are few things that I feel Grammarly cannot do for us:
- Grammarly sometimes does not catch all your mistakes. You cannot replace human proofreading with Grammarly. It’s always good to take some time out and read what you’ve written. Do not trust Grammarly on each and every suggestion. If you feel that there is no mistake in what you’ve written, then it is better to refer some other place to cross check or leave it as it is.
- If you have a very large document like E-Book etc. then Grammarly does not support that right now. Grammarly is not compatible with any document with more than 20 pages or 36000 symbols. When I asked them, they said that they are working on it right now and soon increase this limit so people can use Grammarly for larger documents.
- Grammarly doesn’t understand internet slang language. It can only help you to write professional English language. But if you are a niche blogger and use social media language a lot in your writing then you may need to ignore some of the Grammarly suggestions.
Why you need this Awesome Tool: Benefits of Grammarly
Grammarly does all the things which a good editor can do for you. The best part is – it can proofread for you very quickly than any human can do. Being a non-native English speaker, Grammarly is a life saver for me. I am using it from past 6 Months. I started using it as a FREE tool but later I purchased its one-year premium subscription to get its full benefits. Based on my personal experience, I can tell you what Grammarly can offer you –
- Give you the platform to quickly check Your Emails/Documents or any form of writing. You just need to copy your content, log into your Grammarly online account. Open/Create a New Document and paste your content into it. Boom!! Grammarly will suggest you all the corrections that you need to make. You can correct your content there itself and once everything is corrected, copy it again and paste the corrected written version to your emails/documents or wherever you want to use.
- If you are a writer, then this application is a must to have. If you want to write an E-Book, you will surely want to add this to your MS Office Word. You can check your mistakes along with writing. What do you think? Isn’t that be useful?
- If you are a Student, then Grammarly is highly advisable. It will help you in writing good essays, reviews, thesis, and reports also it will prepare you for good grades. It will help you learn how to write better and also enhance your vocabulary.
Grammarly is truly an awesome resource as it has helped me in modifying my mistakes being a non-native English speaker, I hope it works best for you too. As I said, Grammar has qualities, shapes, and forms so by using Grammarly you can give grammar a good Quality, better shape, and best Form.